ARTISTIC and EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
As a result of the decision by the incumbent to step down after an extremely successful ten-year term, Arts Revelstoke invites applications for the position of Artistic & Executive Director (AED).
Arts Revelstoke, as an employer and as a provider of cultural services to and with the community, strives to embody equity, diversity, and inclusion in its staff and in its programming. The mountain community of Revelstoke is open and welcoming to newcomers from all backgrounds. Interested applicants of all identities with relevant experience in cultural programming and arts administration are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for implementing the policies as determined by the Arts Revelstoke (AR) Board of Directors in discussion with the Artistic & Executive Director. The Artistic & Executive Director principle contact with the board is through the AR Board Chair. The EAD works closely with the Board of Directors to identify goals and strategies to ensure Arts Revelstoke’s financial stability, and artistic vitality. The AED supports Board members in their roles as cultural trustees, fundraisers, and ambassadors of Arts Revelstoke.
The Artistic & Executive Director oversees programming, staff management, financial management, operations, educational activities, marketing, facility management, outreach, engagement and community relations of Arts Revelstoke.
The Artistic & Executive Director lives and maintains a visible presence in the Community of Revelstoke in order to strengthen community relations, build individual and corporate support for Arts Revelstoke, and promote the success of its programmes.
- Operational and Strategic Planning
- Assists the Board in developing strategic plans to meet Arts Revelstoke’s cultural, funding, and growth objectives.
- Implements the strategic and operational plans of the organization.
- Ensures that Arts Revelstoke complies with provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Makes recommendations to the Board for improvements to the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre.
- Enlists support from staff, Board, volunteers, and community for Arts Revelstoke’s goals.
- Makes recommendations to the Board for appropriate staffing, and organizational structure to support ongoing operations.
- Reviews ticket prices, venue rental rates, and capital replacement fund percentage on a yearly basis with the General Manager with respect to industry standards and cost of living changes.
- Staff Management
- Creates and maintains a team approach.
- Hires and supervises all full and part-time staff, and contracted positions.
- Monitors staff compensation and employment benefits, and from time to time recommends any appropriate changes to Governance and Finance Committees.
- Undertakes an annual performance review of all staff.
- Financial Management
- In cooperation with the Finance Committee, develops an annual operating budget for approval by the Board.
- With the Treasurer, ensures that Arts Revelstoke meets all tax, and reporting obligations.
- Works with the Treasurer, and Chair to ensure annual financial reviews are completed, and cooperates with the Treasurer in carrying out any internal audits.
- Ensures that the Society’s charitable status meets CRA requirements, including overseeing the issuing of charitable tax receipts.
- Provides monthly reports to the Finance Committee and to the Board on progress toward budgeted targets.
- Works closely with the General Manager and bookkeeper to process invoices for payment, to make bank deposits, to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
- Researches, prepares and submits funding applications to government, and charitable grantors.
- With the Finance Committee, ensures that there is adequate insurance coverage for Arts Revelstoke’s programming and for Officers and Directors.
- Maintains a clear and articulate vision of the role of the arts in the cultural life of our community.
- Oversees the ad hoc LUNA Programming Group and works closely with them to curate LUNA Fest and Art Alleries.
- Identifies and develops partnerships with local, regional, and national arts presenters and funders.
- Programs a vibrant and diverse series of performances for REVY.Live, Family Series, REVY.Live.Outside, Art Starts in schools and special events featuring professional artists of national and international stature, and emerging and local artists.
- Seeks opportunities to assist professional artists in creating new work of artistic importance.
- Assists community artists and arts organizations in presenting their work to audiences and providing professional opportunities.
- Arranges and facilitates workshops and outreach activities for the benefit and artistic growth of the community.
- Works closely with groups connected to youth to cultivate young audiences and to enhance young people’s participation in and exposure to the arts.
- Community and Public Relations
- Acts as the public face and voice of Arts Revelstoke in the community and with the Chair, as one of the two primary spokespersons with government, foundations, donors, and other stakeholders.
- With the assistance of the General Manager, devises and executes communication and marketing strategies to support the overall vision and mandate of Arts Revelstoke, to expand the reach to audiences for specific Arts Revelstoke and community programming.
- Works closely with the cultural and heritage organizations in the community as well as individuals to help them achieve their artistic goals.
- Maintain good relations and communications with the Chamber of Commerce, Tourism, the City of Revelstoke and School District #19.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the Indigenous Friendship Society of Revelstoke and the four nations who claim this territory: the Sinixt, the Secwepemc, the Syilx, and the Ktunaxa.
- Establishes and maintains an effective, collaborative working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Provides support to the Board and works closely with the Board to ensure strong fiscal health for the organization.
- Attends and participates in all Board and standing committee meetings as an ex-officio member.
- Assists Board committees in developing and implementing their goals, objectives, and policies.
- RRSP monthly contribution
- Health & Wellness Plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no phone calls, we will acknowledge the receipt of all applications via email.
Application deadline: April 15, 2022