Arts Revelstoke is pleased to offer the position of Production Coordinator to a qualified candidate this summer. The Production Coordinator will work on Guerrilla Gigs and LUNA Reimagined, which will take place in Revelstoke, BC from June to September 2021. The two main components of the role are event coordination and marketing.
Timeline: May to September 2021, Tuesday to Saturday.
Please note: the staffing of the position and its duration are conditional on the grant application’s approval submitted to the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be considered for this position, students must be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment, is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.
Production Coordination Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contact the bands for their tech riders, promo information and travel information,
- File all emails and documents in appropriate folders,
- Communicate band technical information to technicians,
- Communicate with the photo and video production crew,
- Liaise with the site managers to ensure everything is ready for the gig,
- Ensure we can provide any backline the band requires,
- Book accommodations for bands and technicians and communicate this to the bands,
- Create production schedule for each Guerrilla Gig,
- Help recruit and train volunteers,
- On the day of the event liaise with band, technicians, site manager, and volunteers,
- Help ensure COVID regulations are adhered to by everyone and that everyone maintains distancing at all times,
- Welcome audience to Guerrilla Gigs.
- Compile marketing materials for publication,
- Help to develop promotional material,
- Update website and online box office with event information,
- Compile and send out weekly newsletter to subscribers using MailChimp,
- Oversee production of ads by local publications and radio,
- Help coordinate advertising air time and editorial coverage,
- Support performers and their publicists to ensure they have all relevant media contacts to promote their show,
- Effectively use social media channels to create a ‘buzz’ leading up to events,
- After each event post the polished photographs, videos of events to our social media channels,
- Help with social media engagement,
- Help manage the timed release of tickets,
- Encourage audience members to share their photos to our Instagram channel,
- Conduct audience surveys where necessary and compile results,
- Keep spreadsheets on tickets, audience and supporters up to date.
- An interest in and/or knowledge of community arts programming and promotions,
- Completion of one year of post-secondary education (equivalent experience will be considered,)
- Computer literacy, experience with multiple social media platforms,
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently,
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal,
- High degree of self-motivation and creative problem solving,
- Culturally aware and a love for the arts,
- Available to work weekends and evenings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm on April 30, 2021. Include “Production Coordinator – Application” as the subject of your email.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
$20.00 per hour, 35 hrs per week, full time, temporary employee position