Arts Revelstoke is looking for someone with a passion for performing arts, festivals and culture.
If you’re someone who enjoys coordinating events and arts programs, is skilled at cultivating relationships, gets a kick out of working with creative people, and takes pride in being organized and adaptable, then this is the role for you.
The role would suit someone who has excellent communication and administrative skills and is able to help maintain and develop strong stakeholder and client relationships to ensure a quality audience experience. Alongside the customer-facing parts of the role, a large part of this position includes working with the team in finance and administration which is vital to the smooth running of the project.
Arts Revelstoke plays a vital role in the community, celebrating local and regional artists through a regular performance series; annual summer street festival, child, youth, and family programming; and produces the multi-disciplinary arts festival LUNA, which attracted 7500 people in 2019. Summer Street Fest normally features music for over 60 nights and drew over 20,000 audience members to the downtown core. Arts Revelstoke also operates the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre and programs performing arts and workshops across School District#19. AR’s diverse and innovative arts programming is central to Revelstoke’s vitality and is supported by a strong volunteer base and stable Board of Directors.
You’ll spend your days liaising with artists, performers, technicians, promoters, agents, renters, distributors, contractors, volunteers and audiences. You will have the opportunity to build relationships across the sector, and will support the organization by providing administrative support across all operations.
If you are interested in the role and would like to ask any questions or discuss the role further, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced, confident and organized individual to manage and administer Arts Revelstoke’s programs and venues. Reporting to the Artistic and Executive Director, the General Manager will work closely with artists, performers, promoters, agents, distributors, contractors, volunteers and audiences. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be an enthusiastic multi-tasker. The right person will be highly adaptable and thrive working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Arts Revelstoke is committed to providing a stimulating work environment with opportunities for creative collaboration and professional development.
• Maintain an operational and administrative overview of all Arts Revelstoke programs.
• Manage operations of the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre in collaboration with School District#19 and City of Revelstoke.
• Oversee Arts Revelstoke projects, residencies, camps, festivals, and events.
• Work collaboratively with local community groups, stakeholders, and partners.
• Develop and implement audience outreach and engagement strategies.
• Develop and implement effective advertising and marketing campaigns.
• Update website, manage online box office and online and offline ticket sales.
• Keep up-to-date records, reports, files, budgets, documents, and spreadsheets.
• Monitor revenue and expenses, create and pay invoices in a timely manner, compile monthly accounts for the bookkeeper, collect and send mail.
• Manage office supplies and maintain inventories of equipment and art collection.
• Recruit, coordinate, and supervise contractors, summer staff, and volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
• Higher Education or Skills qualification from a recognized institution.
• A proven interest in the arts.
• Minimum of 3 year’s experience in administration and/or project management.
• Experience working with computer programs including: Dropbox, Google Drive, YouTube, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Canva, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience working on social media campaigns using: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Strong attention to detail, particularly in written work.
• Highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet objectives to the deadline.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to convey a range of information clearly.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a demanding work environment that requires flexibility and versatility.
This is a full-time permanent position, $20 per hour 35 hours per week, or $36,400 per annum plus health benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please forward a letter describing why this is the right role for you, your resume, and the names and contact information for two referees, in confidence, to the email address below.
Attn: Miriam Manley
Tel: 250 814 9325
Friday, April 9 2021
• You will be based at the Arts Revelstoke office at the Revelstoke Co-Lab and will also work at the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre and other event locations. Some working from home, by arrangement, is permitted.
• We are committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment-free work environment for our employees. All our employees are expected to have due regard for those policies when carrying out their duties.
• Appointment to this position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.